Day 3 in Japan: Sightseeing

Today I went to the Tokyo Edo museum and had a guided tour. It was very nice to learn about the Edo and Meiji periods. I took a lot of video, which I will post below later. Also, I met a Japanese student going to study at the U of A next year. This afternoon I went to St. Nicholas Cathedral Orthodox Church. It was very interesting to see a Russian Orthodox church and learn more about what they believe. Then I saw a Confucian temple called Yushima Seto, which was very small and interesting. Then I saw Kanada Meiji, an imperial temple built for the emperor. It was very colorful compared to the Meiji shrine. It was built during the Edo period, so it would be a good site to visit when in Tokyo. Also, I went to a district that sells electronics and bought some more film for my camera. The prices were quite comparable with Canada and the U.S.A. Then I went to the 7-11 store to withdraw money. It does not really like Canadian bank cards and I had difficulty withdrawing money with a PC card. Then Google did not allow me to sign into my account, I don't know why. Then I went to the 7-11 and bought some food, and then I got a free drink. Then I had supper of noodles and an egg and fruit dish for dessert.
Also I did some laundr, in Japan they have washing machines in their houses, but they air dry their laundry as it is so hot and humid and things dry quickly.
Then I took a shower. Because it is so humid, it feels nice to take a shower at the end of the day. Then I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment