Day 8 in Japan: Festival and shopping

Today I got up and had oatmeal for breakfast. Then I had a small bible study with a Japanese student and a missionary who translated a lot so I could understand. Then I had sandwiches without crusts, sushi and chips for lunch. Then I walked to a train station and met my mom and a friend. Then we went shopping in the Harajuku street and I bought gifts and hairpieces at the 100-yen store. Then my Mom bought a modern Yukata with pants and a top. Then I bought two reversible bags to go with my Yukata. Then I bought some traditional sandals. Then I went to my parents' hotel and stopped at a convenience store for ice cream and a 7-11 to buy a bento box (a pre made lunch). Then I went to their hotel room. The hotel is very clean, but their room is small for two people. They have a fridge and a double sized bed and a small TV. Then my dad took me back to the house I am staying at. Then I put on my Yukata and got all dressed up in my new shoes and went to the festival. They had tickets you could buy and we bought some. Then we went and bought a snow cone that was served in a bowl. Then I went and danced around in a circle. It was like line dancing. Also, I saw a drum performance. After I came and changed and went to the grocery store to buy supplies for tomorrow's dinner. Then I came home and showered. My feet hurt a lot because the shoes are very uncomfortable. Then I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment