Alberta Grade 11 Student interview

1. What was your experience as a student like from middle school to high school?
I didn't have a very good school at all in grade seven so, for grade eight and nine, I went into a homeschooling program where I was half time public school and half time homeschooled. I was in a classroom where there were three grades and one teacher.
I go to a very good high school and, although grade 10 was a little tough for me to handle, I have gotten better grades in grade 11 after I switched down to an easier stream in my classes.

2. What were some positives and negatives of school life?
I have always been good at school and have enjoyed it, but I have not always been good at organization until my earlier middle school years.

3. Tell us some interesting stories about your school life.
I have a twin sister, so, in my grade 2 class we were in different classes and we switched classes as an April fools joke. It lasted the whole first period before the ringing of the first bell. Then the teachers found out.

4. How is high school and middle school different from schools in other countries?
Our schools get July and August off as summer break and you can choose between religious school or public school, online schooling and homeschooling.

5. What are some things that are important to Canadian students? What are some issues that exist in Canadian schools?
Some things Canadian students find important are fitting in by wearing fashionable clothes and our electronics, which include cell phones, iPods, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment